NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER – May 5, 2022
Pastor Jim Sanderbeck
The National Day of Prayer was signed into law in 1952 by President Harry Truman and it was amended to establish it as occurring on the 1st Thursday of May under the signature of Ronald Reagan in 1988. This day is recognized as a day in which all Christian Americans are called upon to pray for our nation by lifting up our belief and trust in our God, through Jesus Christ, our agreement with the foundational principles on which this great nation was designed, and our petitions for God’s assistance with those critical issues the United States of America faces domestically and internationally.
This National Day of Prayer, May 5th 2022, is occurring when the nation faces situations that are unprecedented in modern history. Certainly, as a nation, we have had perilous times before, but this time America faces evil on a scale that touches every sphere of society with an agenda focused on literally changing America’s culture and the way the international community functions and interacts. It is a battle between good and evil. It is a cultural collision. For Christians, it is a day in which God and all of His purposes and plans for creation is on display. It is a Red Sea and Mount Carmel moment. (Ex. 14:13 & 1 Kings 18:24) Because of the size of the giants and the evil reports that have come in, we must have a Caleb spirit. (Num.14:24 & Jos. 14:12) I.e. “Give me my mountain—the one that has the giants in it.”
Here should be the posture of our prayer focus as sons and Ekklesia for this National Day of Prayer and this season:
- Put on the full armor of God and STAND in the evil day (Eph. 6:11)
- Bind the strong man so that you can plunder his house (Matt. 12:29)
- Pray FROM the victory not just FOR the victory (Jn. 19:30)
- Stir up your faith and believe that you WILL receive (1 Jn. 5:14-15)
- Decree what God says will take place in the land of the living (Ps. 27:13)
- Agree with the everlasting covenants made with God from the very foundation of this nation will prevail (Jer. 32:37-41)
- Save the children all the way through to the 4th generation (2 Kings 10:30, 15:12)
Here are is the AIM National Day of Prayer focus points of prayer. Pray that:
- An awakening, revival, and reformation through Jesus Christ will come to America and America shall be saved
- The right of the free exercise of religion will not be infringed upon by the government.
- All illicit governmental, political and social ideologies contrary to that which is righteous in God’s sight will be exposed, held accountable and experience justice
- The rules of law will be firmly established without prejudice and the Constitution and the Bill of Rights will be honored.
- True representative government will be honored.
- The balance of power will be honored.
- The election process will be reformed, held accountable and justly governed.
- Authority will be given back to the people and stripped from the few.
- Financial stewardship within the boundaries of balanced budgets and real assets will be re-established and practiced by governmental and financial institutions
- The Constitution and the Bill of Rights will be honored and the rule of law will be re-established. True representative government will be honored. The balance of power will be honored. The election process will be reformed, held accountable and justly governed. Authority will be given back to the people and stripped from the few and unrighteous.
- Abortion, all forms of sexual perversion, abuse, trafficking and pornography shall end, and its victims shall be redeemed and restored spiritually, emotionally and physically.
- The borders of this nation will be made legally secure
- Public education will proceed with true cooperation between parents and the schools and all attempts by any entity to usurp that cooperation will be removed.
- Media and technology will be held accountable for their part in all things social
I am asking all of Antioch International Ministries set aside 1 hour of time to come into agreement together on May 5th 2022 as we support the National Day of Prayer for the United States of America.